Monday, May 2, 2016

98th Email Home May 2, 2016

Hello! We have had a great week! First, me and my companion had the chance to go up in fast and testimony meeting and give our testimonies, the best part of it was when my companion mentioned,"Are you going to give your testimony?"and I thought that he was joking, but then he asked like 8 or 9 more times and so I responded to him saying,"Are you going to go up?" and he said," I´ll do what you do. But you go first." so I went up with a smile and I felt so great, I couldn't stop smiling until I started speaking in front of everyone, giving my testimony about prayer, the Book of Mormon and the priesthood. I feel grateful to give my testimony every time! 

  That is so crazy to hear that there are a lot of trees that are falling down, around the neighborhood! Keep inside! I have heard of a lot of testimonies at home and I think that a lot of them have been about 2 to 4 minutes long, but coming to Chiapas it's a different experience, because we have received counsel from the area seventies and they tell us that we should give a short and powerful testimony, talking about something like," I know that the church is true!" and then maybe tell a brief story, about how you received your testimony, but people don't receive that information or they feel like they can take all the time they want. It´s okay, but there are still a lot of people that want to give their testimonies. I love the times when no one goes up and then I feel that feeling that God is calling me to go up! Lol! That is a funny teaching from Brother Burton about the talk of King Benjamin. I always made that same comment in every time I taught about that story, but I didn't know about the Ensign, I knew that they had to write about the talk of King Benjamin, but that is a very creative way to think about the scripture! Lol! That is such a great teaching, requiring us to always to make visits, although the members that you visited are no longer on your list of people to visit, you should at least pass by and drop off a gift or talk with them. It's very sad, because a lot of people don't receive this type of attention and they feel useless in the church.

  The biggest fear is that, I might not be able to speak in English all the way. Some times I have a hard time speaking English, I start speaking and then a Spanish word pops up in my mind. I WILL give my talk in English and if it isn't correct the way I talk, I ask for forgiveness right now.. It sounds like the bishop is a very funny person and I can't wait to talk with him too! I would love to hear of his experiences! 

  HMMM... What kind of jobs are you thinking about doing? 2 cars are you guys going to give me one? Lol!  After hearing good and sad information, I want to try bringing the family close together, I might not have a strong voice, but I will help them, through prayer and talking with them through e-mail or Facebook once I get back. I would love to have a family reunion with all the family members. I want to live with you guys for about a year and then live with Brayden later, unless I have other changes in my plans.. I hope that Brandon is doing good. 

  OH! How could I forget! We have 2 baptismal dates, the both are named Luis and Luis Alonso and no, they aren't brothers. Also, we have 2 others that haven't come to church, but we will get them back in and they are ready to be baptized! So, thank you family for your prayers! You are all the bestest! 
 My first time grinding pepper, salt and garlic, with a rock! Lovin Chiapas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment