Monday, August 11, 2014

8th Email Home August 11, 2014

Well, first off the people are super nice, the members offer me and my companion drinks like water, Basol(the worst drink ever to be made in the universe), Maze(which is the second worst drink ever I wanna throw up from both of these drinks, but its not nice). The apartment is not bad we have a shower and a refrig, just the shower does go the tempture I want every time its cold and theres bugs every where, I guess the bugs are resisting the bug spray, all we eat is sandwiches, cookies, whatever the ward members bring us. I heard that sending some thing doesnt cost 80 everytime, its like 40 or something, and could you mail me my ipod shuffle and get a portable speaker thing a ma jig, and with my ipod a charger that can plug into the walk and download music from youth music from lds.org like 30 songs starting from the top of the list por favor? Btw we dont really go knocking on doors as a missionary anymore, because it has been proven that its inaffective, so we just do contacts like 20 people a day and we teach random people, like this one time we were inviting a woman to the church and this man walks by and sees us talking to this woman and stops and waits for us so as we got done talking with this woman we approach this man and he starts asking what do you know about Jesus? and I couldnt help my companion cause I dont speak the language and this man keeps talking saying that our church is false and he pulls out his identification that he is Jesus Christ minister and the bible gave him authority to be Christs minister and we continue talking and he gets really angry and slams his hand on the hand rail next to him and mumbles angrily and then me and my companion said okay see ya and walked away it was soo funny to see someone soo confused how can he get authority through the bible to be Jesus Christs minister and second if Christ chose someone to minister for him it wouldnt be someone that got angry so easily lol it was awesome. Yes Im feeling pretty safe except from that members with their crazy drinks! Its strange out here with all the new people and things and everyone is amazed to see a white person lol. Wow, everything is changing at home, not saying dad would counsel with some one, but thats new! And Brandon working at Walmart thats crazy I hope everything works out for him. I cant speak this language that well, but I can feel and tell that the Lord is blessing me to improve and this experience is hard and I have like 23 months to go, but the experience is fun and I cant wait for the Lord to prepare someone for me to baptise myself, well actually they say that they dont want you to baptise people, they want the members to baptise them, because the person that baptises them will be close to them forever.  I love you and Dad and Molly and Brandon and Crystal and Tamera and Garrett and Mandy and Jared and Wayne and the rest of the family!
 My first tacos spicy, but delicious!


Our kitchen and living room...

Our view from the front door!

 My companion Elder Brass! 

 street picture from the church.

Group pic. with some of the members at the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment