Monday, April 18, 2016

96th Email Home April 18, 2016

Hey Y'all! I have good news and bad news again. The good news is that we are gaining the confidence of this branch here in Coita and the people seem nice and happy to have the missionaries again in Coita, but the bad news ( Which we all don't like to hear) is that my companion has been having problems with his toe nails and they were ingrown toe nails, so for about three days of this past week, we were hunkered down inside the house again.... Everything is alright and we are going to do our best to make up what we didn't do in this past week, we are going to have a "Sandwich night", my companion had this idea to do this and the catch is that the ticket to enter is that everyone needs to bring their favorite sandwich that they really love and we are going to put all of them on a table and we are going to watch a movie " Johnny Lingo" and while the people are watching we are going to give everyone a sandwich that isn't theirs, so we are excited to see how it turns out! 

 I would love to do baptisms for the dead, I think it would be perfect! It sounds like a great plan to go to the temple! I want to go to the temple often when I get back,but honestly I don't like going alone. It is soo crazy, that the whole family is growing so fast, I have only been gone for about 2 years and everyone is changed, it's crazy! Lol!

  Yesterday, we also had our stake conference, but we didn't go to the stake center, we had the chance to see the conference through,"Live video" it was pretty cool, but the sound was bad on the Sunday session, also the camera was pretty low , so people were walking in front of the camera and some were talking with others, so it was interesting. Our Mission President and his wife talked about missionary work, it was also very funny when our mission president mentioned a scripture saying something like this," How beautiful are the feet of those that preach the Gospel...." The Mission President said," I don't know why they talk about the feet of those who preach, there are a lot of blisters and ingrown toe nails." I got a good laugh out of that one. Also the Temple president talked about the temples, also how the scriptures mention a lot about them, the Book of Mormon has a lot of references about temples, we just need to understand what they are saying.

  I love Coita! For me the streets are clean and the people in the streets are nice so far. It gets cold here some times, so I might be able to get my body temperature,back to Utah temperature! There aren't any super markets, just small stores, but I think it good enough. Oh, this is my first house that we get to have a gas burner, so it's pretty cool. I feel like we are going to have a lot of success here! The thing that is different from my other areas is that there are a lot of members in the church and the leaders are getting excited to work more with the missionaries. Thank you for your prayers and we will be in touch the next week! I might have to send all the pictures next week,because the computer isn't working.. but I love you all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment