Monday, November 16, 2015

74th Email Home November 16, 2015



Hello, Family and Friends! This week has been a blast with my new companion Elder Juarez! He is from Tamolipus and has been to the United states only to visit, but went to Hollywood and Utah and Texas, because Texas is right above him so, it is a great experience to talk with him! He doesn't speak English a lot, but he is learning quickly, he only has 3 months in the mission field and he is a fireball and it is so fun working with him! He is like my old companion Elder Armstrong, he is so happy to be here and ready to learn and work! 

  I have been trying to learn the area that I have, but it is too big! The cool part is that the Zoo is part of our area! The hard part is that there aren't too many members here and pretty much, there aren't any youth in this ward and its kind of sad, but it's okay, because we have a lot of people that want to know about the church here and we almost have a few baptisms too! I can't remember all the names of the people, but I think by the next week I will be a little more stable! We have a brother Mariano that was living in Arizona for a lot of time and was going to our church over there and he learned a lot and knows that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and so we invited him to be baptized, but was a little unsure until we explained the feelings of the Holy Ghost, then he understood and accepted baptism! Now we are just waiting for the day to come! 
 
  Well, to answer the question on how we travel from place to place is that we, go to a place that is called OCC and that is where we wait to take a bus with a group of missionaries to our destination! Sadly, I am not across the street from Starbucks, but I am about 20  or 25 minutes from it! I will try to be more active in taking tons of pictures of everyone and everything to catch up on all the time that I haven't been posting pictures! I love you family I have to go, but I will talk to you all sooooon! 
  
 Chiapas! so beautiful!

Our study room!  
 The cross of Jesus Christ!

A Cloudy day in Tuxtla
  Our First activity! Giving thanks was the Title!

No comments:

Post a Comment