Thursday, March 31, 2016

87th Email Home February 15, 2016

I can tell you all right now that my week was the best week ever!!! First off, we had a baptism, we just baptized a little girl called Anllili and she is still in the primary, but she has a strong spirit about her, she likes going to church and she is a bit nervous, but its a good nervous. We baptized her in a river, one of the doctors of the mission baptized her and then this Sunday she was confirmed! This week we have another baptism. We are going to baptize an ex-Adventist, the story is interesting and cool. The brother Angel was living in Guatalajara, then he came to Chiapas to, be a missionary here, then later to be a Pastor, but somethings happened with his wife and the Church and now he is getting divorced with his wife and he was kicked out of the Church and this got him in a bad attitude and so he fell away from the churchs and then later on he found our church and started comparing the Bible with the words that were spoken in the church and then with the branch President, he asked him a few questions and he asked them all and then the brother Angel, was receiving his answers and he told us that this is the first time of my life that I feel like I am receiving answers and he wanted to get baptized in this moment. There are a lot of miracles here in Huixtla and the goals of the Branch are getting completed and the members that are joining are converts not less actives and thats the most important part. 

  The, second part my favorite week, is that the Apostle Dallin H. Oaks showed up again, with other general authourities, Like Elder Clayton, Elder Reyes and Elder Walker. It was a very special event to hear from our leaders from these days and to take another picture. Lol. We learned a lot about the importance of our Heavenly Father loves us, then we learned about the real meaning of repantance and that the people that we baptize, have a clear understanding of repentance. It was so special when we first were shaking our hands with the Apostle and then we all sat down and then the President of the mission said, are there any of you that haven't had the chance to shake hands with Elder Oaks and 2 sisters rised their hands and they got to go up and shake his hand and the second sister was crying, I believe that it was because of the special moment to shake hands with an Apostle. 

  We are still a little sick, my companion can't go out to work, we have to chill in the house until Friday, but we are going to have the chance to leave and find the people that need the Gospel in about a week..! I am not sure if I told you that I am District leader again, but if not I just wanted to mention that, the best part of being the district leader is that I have the chance to talk with other missionaries and for some reason I feel like I have the ability to discern thoughts some times and that is very help for me, because I can help even more my district and I feel like being leader it gives me that power to know what my Elders and Sisters need! This is my small message! I Love you all soooo very much!


A little house that I saw on my way to Tapachula.


More pictures of my journeyings! 


Photos of another town that is part of our area.


Pictures of Bambi.( A member bought a deer to raise) 


Me with my companion before his surgery

My companion getting nervous for his surgery

My companion getting ready to leave

My companion saying,"Good-Bye."

My companion really drugged out.

We wanted to pass time so we started to play a game with my companion and other missionaries, Elders Patricio and Laurel.

 The best food ever! Tajadas HondureƱas! 

Getting ready to leave for the Baptism of Anllili! 

Selfie! 

Our journey into the wilderness.

Picture with Anllili and Doctor Arriaga, me and my companion! 

Picture with the parents of Anllili.

Picture with the kids!

The baptism! 

I was just looking up and thought that this was so awesome! 

Our bus ride to Tuxtla to meet Elder Oaks!
Well, thats all I got for this week love you all and have a good week!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment