Thursday, March 31, 2016

88th Email Home February 22, 2016

 Hey, family and friends! If you are all wondering what happened with our baptism, we got him wet! I was soo cool to see another person get baptized and to see their smile on their face that they know that they did the right thing! Then on Sunday they confirmed him and then in Priesthood he was given the Aaronic priesthood and then he we were going to end with a prayer and one of the counselors of the Branch president said," Brother Angel, Can you say the last prayer?" and the he got up and started his prayer with something like our dear Heavenly Father Jesus Christ, When I heard this I was like," Oh, NO!" so now we need to teach the right way to pray again. 

  I feel like Chiapas is so small, because every day I am finding members from the old days and I am finding family of other families in the streets in other wards and it is awesome! The members here are very nice and they want to help the missionaries, they have interesting stories to share with us and they are super funny! I feel like I would love to come back to Chiapas again, but later down the road, it is peaceful and very beautiful, but if you don't like the hot, don't come! 

  Here in the mission we are getting excited to have more baptisms, the time that I have been here, we have been baptizing pretty much every week and I was thinking we are going to have a break from baptisms, because we don't have any investigators  that we are teaching, but my companion just mentioned that their is another brother that is attending church, every week! He has the attendance and we are going to invite him to be baptized this week I hope if we can see him, I can't remember his name, because it is in German, his family is part German and Hispanic, so we are going to check for another baptism! Out of all the areas that I have been I have never felt this excited, I always said that we are going to have a lot of baptisms, but we never got to do it and now I think the Lord has his children ready to enter into the baptismal covenant!
 Our trip to the waterfalls! 


I took a picture of a random building. 

 I tried taking pictures of his man carrying wood with his head, but it didn't turn out too well.

More of our journey!


The beauty of Chiapas! SOOO AWESOME! 

 One of the many waterfalls of our trip.( I didn't take a lot of pictures of all the waterfalls!)

Me with the homies! (Elder Avila at the end and Elder Barbara) From this moment and for about an hour and a half we were walking! The vans couldn't get up there. 

More views of the mountians and our trip! 


Chiapas! 


Elder Laurel and a snowman engraven into the dirt. 

Me, trying to pull off a football players pose.

Our journey coming back down the mountain, because we didn't know where we were going and we finally received the memo.

Taking a selfie leaning back! 

 More scenery 

A small water fall! with buddies! 

Elder Murdock and Elder Runyan.

Picture with President George! and Elder Chavez! 

Zone picture! 


The Baptism of Angel! (angel is standing by me and the branch president is by my companion!)
I got to go but I love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment