Tuesday, January 5, 2016

77th Email Home December 7, 2015

HI? I am a bit cold, here in Tuxtla gets pretty cold. We are also waiting for our laundry to wash at the Bishop's house!  Fun!

 Hey everyone! Thanks for all your prayers and all the love, I can feel it all the way over here! We have been working harder to get the people in the water, but I think the water is too cold right now, there are people that are ready to be baptized, like a brother called Mariano, he is ready, just that he has to working on Sundays and his boss isn't giving him the option to change his time, but he was saying that he is going to keep trying to change is schedule and if he can't he is going to find a different job, so we have been trying to look for another place for him to work! Then there is Sister Monserrat, she is about 10 years old and before I was hearing that was so happy to get baptized, but recently, she has been thinking and she wants to think a little more about baptism, although when we checked if she prayed, she said that she did! Then we asked," And how did you feel afterwards?" She responded that she felt great, happy, and calm! Then we said that she had received her answer, but she still isn't sure, so we are going to focus more in the  purpose of being baptized and also acting by what the spirit tells her! So we think she will be accepting! 

  This past week we had our Christmas Activity and starting that week my companions voice was a bit off, he had mucus and a runny nose and so we were looking for medicine for him and we found some, then as is the days that he was taking it, I started with a runny nose then the next day with a sore throat and which lead to a fever and time was spend in the house and we didn't do anything that day, we just watched a movie, its called;" The Mountain of the Lord" I loved this movie, although it's a bit old, I love the story of how the Temple in Salt Lake was built and how the people sacrificed their time to make it! So, after all of this we could start working again to tell them to go to church! The time passed so fast, it was just Monday like 2 days ago and now, I am here again writing again! I got a feeling that I am not going to see my mission end.... I am going to be in my house and then yeah, I am going to say," Hey, Why am I in Utah!"

  I hope that everyone can enjoy this time as a family, Christmas for me is the most happiest time of the year, we might receive gifts and money, but I know it makes the whole difference if we are together and we are sharing jokes and stories and everyone is having fun making ginger bread houses and most of all drinking Hot Chocolate! We only get one time out of the year to feel this," Christmas Spirit" just savor these moments and they will last forever! 

 An Apple pie, Empanada style! 


We took a group photo out of all of the pictures this was the best!
  We were doing an act ( I thought that someone was going to record it, but they took pictures instead) 

 More of the act!


 Puppy of the Bishop! 


...more pictures! 



No comments:

Post a Comment