Monday, July 6, 2015

54th Email Home June 29, 2015

 The days here in Tapachula were very wet and cold, but these past few weeks there hasnt been any rain! The temperature has been like 100 degrees or 95 and I like it, because in white and I want to be more tan, but the time I am spending in the sun isnt doing anything I feel like maybe I have changed a bit, but not too much... In this beautiful day we have rain, but its not such a good thing here, because the streets are filled with water and its pretty much a river.. Theres not much time to take a shower during the day and our shirts are soaking with sweat and yeah its gross, but we press on! After a time we forget about our needs and we get to work!
  Sorry Mom, but I burned one of my shirts.. Its tradition when you complete 1 year! =P 

 my shirt burning.


  I love this work as I continue to memorize scriptures and listen to Mormon Tabernacle Choir I feel the spirit and strength to press on and to give my all, my body is tired, but my soul is begging for the spiritual nourishment that it needs and this gives me the energy to do more. The investigators are all beloved sons and daughters of God and at times when they dont want to listen I try my best not to talk about these experiences, because it brings me to talking badly about someone that doesnt know the Gospel yet and they are not prepared and that its a very important to love all that we meet.

  The investigators that we have, have desires to be baptized, but the rules of getting baptized is going to church and listen to the lessons. The investigatores are so interested in knowing more, they have questions and then we have the pleasure to answer them and I really like answering their questions, so they dont have these problems of getting baptized. There is a part of the Preach My Gospel that explains that everyone has a "Iceberg" meaning that they have problems or questions about the church, but they dont want to talk about it and our job is to find this "Iceberg" to help them see clearly so that they dont have this thought about the church or rules and they can have this peace and happiness in their lives. I lovvvve you all sooooo much!

  ...more of my shirt burning.






 Empty!

No comments:

Post a Comment